Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favourite SFA music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThatLunaticFeline

PostSubject: Favourite SFA music?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:13 am

Starfox Assault has an incredible sountrack. As a collector of various game soundtracks I'm proud to say that Assault is definitely one of the better ones, but it's very difficult to pick out a song from Assault as truly the best.

Excluding Star Wolf's theme, that is.

So what's your favourite track from the game? As I've already said, Star Wolf's theme is just simply awesome. I had Lylat Wars on my N64 (Starfox 64 over the pond) as a kid and I used to deliberately go to Fichina just to hear this song. I loved that song.

And as a bonus for any Adventures players, what's your favourite song from that? As a Zelda fan I rank Adventures as a better game than Assault but it's soundtrack is a little lacking, yet there are some great tracks in it. My favourites are when you ride on the Mammoth at Darkice Mines, Lightfoot Village, and the fantastic 'Fox Sets Eyes on Krystal'. That sax tune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:47 am

I would say in single player my favorites are the music in the space section of Mission 1, the music for Sargasso, and the music for the first section of Mission 10. For multiplayer it would have to be Zoness. And of course, the opening theme music is just beast. Not to mention the menu music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HAXage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Zoness obviously gets a mention but i have to say i have a real soft spot for Katina and Sarg's themes. the first time i played SFA it was on a black/white TV with no sound and no memory card, and therefore Kat and Sarg are more or less the first things i remember about the game. even though i couldn't hear the soundtracks at the time, they've really stuck with me since. i still think Cac and i should record a funk cover of the Katina theme

Ap's music is pretty cool too. i've always felt it was fittingly epic and introduces some serious tension, given the whole RUSH THE BOILER high-stakes gameplay. the Space Station track has some cool d'n'b breaks in it as well

EDIT: yeah, i guess this is all for multi, lol. for singleplayer the themes that really stuck with me were that rendition of the Star Wolf theme (which is probably the best committed to tape) and the track that plays during the last phase of the Aparoid Queen fight; feels like a very fitting end to the whole thing when it quotes the title screen jingle one last time
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sfacorner.forumotion.net
J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 am

HAXage wrote:
Zoness obviously gets a mention but i have to say i have a real soft spot for Katina and Sarg's themes. the first time i played SFA it was on a black/white TV with no sound and no memory card, and therefore Kat and Sarg are more or less the first things i remember about the game. even though i couldn't hear the soundtracks at the time, they've really stuck with me since. i still think Cac and i should record a funk cover of the Katina theme

Ap's music is pretty cool too. i've always felt it was fittingly epic and introduces some serious tension, given the whole RUSH THE BOILER high-stakes gameplay. the Space Station track has some cool d'n'b breaks in it as well

EDIT: yeah, i guess this is all for multi, lol. for singleplayer the themes that really stuck with me were that rendition of the Star Wolf theme (which is probably the best committed to tape) and the track that plays during the last phase of the Aparoid Queen fight; feels like a very fitting end to the whole thing when it quotes the title screen jingle one last time
I say Corneria and Vs. menu theme. Also Katina in story and vs. mode
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FalcoXII

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:54 pm

I'll have to go with Sauria SP (haven't played MP in a while, might be the same) or Zoness. I haven't played in a while, so I may be forgetting a favorite, but I don't know. It does have a really good soundtrack. Titania is pretty cool (soundtrack, not stage. Never stage)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STG

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:47 pm

i really like the starwolf theme here but the fights were such a letdown compared to 64, hence I like the 64 theme better (voice acting 2gud)

It's still my second favourite theme though, I'd say Sauria's singleplayer is my favourite. Props to the Zoness Techno.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FalcoXII

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm haunted by the SP App music. I replayed that stage so, so many times before beating it on gold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite SFA music?   

Back to top Go down

Favourite SFA music?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1