Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Limit of Sensor bombs?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
J Smooth

J Smooth

Limit of Sensor bombs? Empty
PostSubject: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 pm

I was playing SFA with my cousins Jason and Jon. Jon is a sensor spammer. He put down so many that once he placed one another would explode, meaning there's a limit ( the one that exploded just happen to be near and kill Jason lmao). I would like to know what the limit is, but have no time for testing. How does this limit affect a team? Is the team overall given a limit or is it still the individual? Is there a limit to sensors on a stage period, as in amount from both players? HOW DOES THIS LIMIT WORK?!
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:41 am

i believe the limit is 5 per player but i'm not sure how this squares with team matches, 4p and the like. it'd make sense to have the limit be lower the more players there were on a stage, but i don't know if that's the case...
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:45 am

Well we were all playing so it was a 3p match, not sure if it affects the limit. I'm pretty sure he had more than five though.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Verdict   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm

After all this time I got some testing done thanks to a day off of school. Under any and every circumstance, the limit of sensors per player (SPP) is nine. Once a player sets a tenth one, the sensor placed earliest by that player will automatically explode.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

wow, so you could have a pretty insane minefield in a 4p game... imagine 36 sensors on Simp3

thanks for testing this, glad to see there is at least a minimum of activity on the SFA front from some people lol
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm

HAXage wrote:
wow, so you could have a pretty insane minefield in a 4p game... imagine 36 sensors on Simp3

thanks for testing this, glad to see there is at least a minimum of activity on the SFA front from some people lol
Yea that would suck, where would you go? And yea it's no problem.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Has anyone ever been in either of the following situations?
1. A sensor being shot immediately after you place it (practically still in your hand)
2. You walk around a sensor without triggering it, but then a shot sets it off and it still hits you?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

not sure about the first one, Cac thinks it's impossible but i dunno; we could test it with a sniper maybe? fire the second it touches the ground?

the second one is definitely possible; the blast radius is larger than the activation radius. pretty sure it's happened although i can't recall a specific instance of it.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 pm

HAXage wrote:
not sure about the first one, Cac thinks it's impossible but i dunno; we could test it with a sniper maybe? fire the second it touches the ground?

the second one is definitely possible; the blast radius is larger than the activation radius. pretty sure it's happened although i can't recall a specific instance of it.
I've number one a lot. If your getting chased with a blaster or machine gun they will most likely hit the sensor when i's placed. That is why you should jump when you place a sensor.
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm

the first scenerio definately has happened to me, but most of the time i'm just trying to drop one to hit both people while suiciding.

its easier to do on slower characters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limit of Sensor bombs?   Limit of Sensor bombs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limit of Sensor bombs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lylat Systems :: Great Fox-
Jump to: