Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME

Go down 
+2
Silver Forte
Doubleshields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Doubleshields

FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Empty
PostSubject: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:48 pm

So in t-one month the Kelowna crew will be driving to Vancouver to do a plethora of things. But of course we're going to be playing SFA every night! Singles, doubles, FFA with awards! A friendly team comp like the round of 10 last year? As bracketmancer, I will make brackets when I have a better idea of how many people are going to be participating. Other events during the days include:
-paintball
-exit
-Manborg!
-Krispy Kreme
-Resistance
-Manhunt?
-tons of other video games

HYPE!
Back to top Go down
Silver Forte

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

Cool stuff, are the majority of SFA players in canada?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:57 am

yeah the core of the competitive scene is pretty much BC, where this forum started (greater Vancouver area) and where it expanded (Kelowna)

i still need to do some planning for this. it sounds like may 3-4 will be tourney-devoted days for most of the Van guys
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 am

you fecked it up though DS this is supposed to be The Gathering 2 not Floss 3
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 am

HAXage wrote:
you fecked it up though DS this is supposed to be The Gathering 2 not Floss 3
I think he just wanted the utterly ridiculous title for his post.  tongue But anyway, this sounds totally awesome, wish I lived in like Washinton state or somewhere close instead of SoCal.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah yeah, Gathering 2 whatevs. When I get paid next, I'm going out and buying a bunch of ribbons as prizes for the top people in each event. Maybe some surprises as well. The 3rd and 4th make sense, being the weekend and all. Are any Vancouver guys (yourself included Haxage) that would be interested in paintball and/or exit? This event is probably going to huge (7-8 of us currently) and I'm so hyped.
Back to top Go down
FalcoXII

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 pm

I just want to go to one of them Neutral Wish I lived closer to the West Coast. Enjoy your event!
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Doubleshields wrote:
Are any Vancouver guys (yourself included Haxage) that would be interested in paintball and/or exit?

i am ALWAYS down for paintball and maybe exit as well. some others will definitely be open to being cajoled into this; i will ask around
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:23 pm

I am stg and can confirm that this is not an april fools joke

but really it should be a good time.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:22 pm

So far here's a list of Kelowna guys that will be making the trip:
-DS
-STG
-Ganon
-Leon
-Berryo
-Wworqgui

Kelowna guys currently in Vancouver:
-Rambler
-Stratysphere

New person making the trip who will play:
-Martinez

Will all the Revoleague members be joining us? Also, since the medals have been purchased here's the breakdown. The top four in singles and ffa and the top two teams in doubles all get medals. The best overall in all three events earns the Best Overall medal. Each medal has a personalized engraving as well.

Last edited by Doubleshields on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Also, in terms of bracketing, are we doing a simple double elimination bracket for the singles and doubles? How are we drafting partners? Will the FFA be round-robin then stepladder? If all six of you guys show up, it looks like upwards of 15 people per tourney. So it'd be a sixteen person bracket with a bye for the singles, seven teams in the doubles. That's also a lot of fresh slice pizza to split Smile

Assuming 15 people (which is 9 of us and six Vancouver guys).
Singles double elimination 30 game maximum (2.5 hrs)
Doubles TRIPLE elimination 20 game maximum (1.7 hrs)
OR
Doubles double elimination 13 game maximum (1 hr)
FFA 15 game round-robin + 4 game stepladder (1.6 hrs)

5-6 hours seems good across all three events
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME   FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLOSS 3: FLOSSTIN POWERS THE FLOSS WHO FLOSSED ME
Page 1 of 1