Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)

Go down 
+4
Cac
Doubleshields
HAXage
xtkoxflipx
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Empty
PostSubject: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 am

Found this site a month ago now, and pretty glad I found it. Thought I was the only person who still played this. Anyways...

I regularly host tournaments and I'm going to be hosting a tournament that features SFA. The tournament will be held in California on June 29th, 2014. I apologize since this is a fairly late post and I understand most of you aren't even within the U.S. However, if any of you can make it I have the information here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you guys have trouble viewing the tournament details, I can always post them directly to this forum. We have a nice group of people here who play SFA (20+), and we hold these tournaments monthly. Let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Video-Game-Tournaments/
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 2:19 am

looks interesting, sorry i wouldn't have been able to make this even if i'd known about it earlier - do you have any matches from previous tourneys recorded/uploaded anywhere? will this one be recorded at all?
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Hey, this is cool to know! Vancouver is a ways out there for y'all. Maybe we should all take a trip to LA? It's like $300 round trip flight per person. That would make for some epic tournaments! Also, while you're waiting, check out the channel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
for some old tournaments while nagging Haxage to upload the new ones. How many SFA players are you guys?
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:52 pm

This tournament was recorded. However, there was about issue with the program I was using with dazzle... so most of the Sfa matches weren't fully recorded.

It is about 15 - 20 of us that play. It would definitely be awesome to get a bigger group together. The distance is a big reason why its so hard to do that. Im not sure how many of us would be able to, but heading out there may be an option as well.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

If you guys made the trip to Vancouver, that'd be awesome! I'm not even sure if there's like a "halfway point" we could meet up in. Probably not. But getting together in some capacity should be a thing.
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 am

Are there plans for a tournament out there anytime soon?

We are going to have another one out here pretty soon. End of July or beginning of August most likely...
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm

That's the thing: You guys seem to have tourneys monthly and there's 20 of you while we get together 2-3 times a year and there's 12 of us. According to Spock and Jeremy Bentham, we should make the trip there. The question is, if we went there, would there be stuff going on for the 3 ish days we'd probably be there? And where would we stay? And either way we'd have to align our schedules in some manner. There no plan yet for another get together, but Canadian thanksgiving and winter break are the next two opportunities.
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:49 pm

We have been trying to plan a larger event for a while. We also have access to some great venues out here. As for the length of the tournaments ours are usually only one full day but if we had enough people we could run something over a weekend. We have a pretty nice sized mario kart 64 scene out here as well, so im sure running that at the same time would help with numbers. When exactly are those holidays DS?
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:07 pm

We have a fairly nice Mario Party scene over here Razz
We'd be game to play anything while there. We also have a ton of board and card games/gamers as well. Thanksgiving is October 13th (monday) and winter break will be something like December 17th to January 5th. October would probably be to early to arrange all this
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Sounds good. I want to try and set something up for December. I'll keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

By the way, I may have made an assumption, you guys are in LA correct, or did I just make that up?
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 pm

No, we're not in LA. We are in the Bay Area (north of LA).

Is there a group of people who play in LA?
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Stars10
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 am

In!
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:11 pm

hey this is pretty rad

I dunno if i'd have the time or money to make a trip down that way, but its cool to know that other people actually play this game (even though we only really play it 2-3 times a year)
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:34 am

Wait, so by Bay Area you mean San Francisco, right? That's a little far as I live in SoCal. And no, there isn't any sort of group down here as far as I know. Just me and whichever friend is at my house.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Yeah, I highly doubt that we could make it there, especially around Christmas (I realized flights then are a gazillion dollars) but if you guys came to either Vancouver or Kelowna, we'd set you up!
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:33 pm

i'd go there for sure (but not in December)!
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Get on your horse sfafreak - if I was that close I'd make it happen!

Same boat as hax.
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 pm

I mean, I want to go. Unfortunately, I can't drive, and my parents won't drive all the way to SanFran "just" for a video game tournament.
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 am

I like trains.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 am

CHOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm

It's not like I wouldn't want to go, it'd be awesome, but the co-ordination of the Kelowna guys to spend money is ridiculously hard. Lots of us are cheap (options include renting a big RV and drive down). The drive would be two days each way (at least), but the RV would eliminate Hotel fees (campgrounds would still be needed).
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

well, it's not like we have to convince them all to pitch in - if we could get, say, the top 4 or 3 from there i'd be happy. debates over who that encompasses are very welcome. you should go though DS, i want to see you snipe people from the bay
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Good point. Blaine for sure (when he at least kind of tries) and Honke for sure. Rv isin't the worst idea, significantly cheaper than flying in. Also sfafreak, we'd totally pick you up on the way down. Although as I'm researching, except purely for the RVing experience, it might be $100 each to RV, given that there'd be over 36 hours of driving in total, it may be +EV to simply fly during a shoulder season.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 pm

OMG NO I FIGURED IT OUT SHOUTOUT TO TRAIN COMMEMTS! We can drive to Seattle, park for free at the hotel we've stayed at, and take the train to San Francisco! It's $130 for the train ticket.
Round trip could be as little as $208.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next