Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey guys (Introduction post)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
centipedeking

centipedeking

Hey guys (Introduction post) Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 10:59 am

I play Fox, and my favorite weapons are grenades and the sniper rifle (The dumber the weapon, the better). I've got no clue where I fit in in the smasher, techer, and boxer triangle honestly. I just go for really dumb or fancy stuff until it works lol.

Me and some friends have been playing this game a bunch recently, and found it pretty awesome that it has a competitive croud. Is this group still alive though?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm

hey and welcome! actually, we've been in a major hiatus due to a lot of players' lives just catching up with them, but i'm definitely not done with this game and i don't think anyone here would say no to a game or two if time would allow it. i've actually been waiting for a really long time to release some new stuff but haven't had time at all due to work and school. that should change soon, though, so we may be due for a revival of sorts in a few months

do you guys ever film your matches? i'd love to see some!
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
centipedeking

centipedeking

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Sorry for the late response, I always respond really late on accident for some reason lol.

Nah, we've never recorded any of our matches, but it'd be pretty cool to do that. I'm planning on getting some recording software for my computer, so once I do, I think I might record some.

Do you have dolphin emulator? It could make playing matches with your friends tons easier if you got online multiplayer set up on that
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 4:15 pm

i tried making a Dolphin setup work at some point in the distant past and it was a total failure... but it looks like the software's come a long way, that might be something to look into now, thanks!

what's the deal with multiplayer on Dolphin then? is it just plug and play or would i need to write some code to be able to duel someone?

e: found the netplay guide, looks neat. might have to see about setting this up
Back to top Go down
centipedeking

centipedeking

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:27 pm

I probably should've mentioned somewhere that dolphin was how me and my friends play, since we don't live close at all right now. Yeah, it's relatively simple to set up, I'm pretty bad with technology and I could even do it (After three or four hours lol).
I think it's normally just about an hour for people that aren't awful with technology though
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 9:43 pm

that's really cool, how's the lag and such? is it indistinguishable from local play? i'm pretty close to most of the people i'd play with anyway, so the latency might be negligible, but it'd be amazing to be able to play against people across the continent
Back to top Go down
centipedeking

centipedeking

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Actually, the lag is pretty fine for Star Fox Assault. You've gotta set a one frame buffer for every fifteen ping, so if you're really close to your friends and you guys also have really good internet, it should be basically like playing in the same room I think. Shazy knows it a bit better than me though, I'll see if he has anything to add that I didn't actually know
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 1:32 pm

cool, that would be pretty negligible in my case. what controllers do you guys play with? i know there's the Mayflash adapter if you want to use GCN controllers, but i've got an XB360 controller kicking around that i might as well use if it works
Back to top Go down
centipedeking

centipedeking

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Both me and Shazy use gamecube controllers since we're both in the competitive Melee and PM scene, but I used to use an Xbox controller, and it works really well with dolphin
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 pm

sweet, well, i've just ordered a DVD drive capable of ripping GCN games, so once that's in my hands we'll be able to get going on this! Cac and Akp are now both on board for getting this going. thanks again just for showing up and mentioning this is a possibility, you may have effected some real change here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys (Introduction post)   Hey guys (Introduction post) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys (Introduction post)
Page 1 of 1