Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SFA needs to grow!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
J Smooth

J Smooth

SFA needs to grow!!! Empty
PostSubject: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 pm

SFA needs to be a game in events such as apex, zenith and other big tournaments. Anyone know how to make that happen?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm

it's a question that's been tossed around quite a bit in the past for sure! unfortunately, there isn't really any quick and dirty way to getting SFA known quickly... a scene can't really spring up out of nothing, so it's hard to get something kickstarted just all at once. it's also hampered by the fact that it didn't have as strong a following as, say, SSBM upon its release, and never has had...

what you can do is just work locally. be patient, get your friends playing it, get it popular in your area, and play it competitively all the time - that's how it starts! when people start taking a game seriously in a competitive setting, that's when it gets noticed. keep it local for now, do what you can

in the meantime, i suggest bringing this to games night instead of the wiiU or the 360 FPSes or whatever everyone's console game of choice is nowadays Razz just show up at your local SSBM club with it one night (if you're a regular, anyway, of course) and suggest they give it a whirl. that goes for everyone! it's a hell of a fun game to play in a big group (just watch any of our videos recorded with room audio for proof) even with competitive rules... 4p FFAs on Sarg just do not get old and all-Wolf sure-shot games on Simp1 are about the most fun you can have in a group while looking at a TV.
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 pm

oh, and i might add that in terms of growth we are pretty severely set back by the loss of the old forum... oh well, all we can do is shrug and start again i suppose
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 am

HAXage wrote:
it's a question that's been tossed around quite a bit in the past for sure! unfortunately, there isn't really any quick and dirty way to getting SFA known quickly... a scene can't really spring up out of nothing, so it's hard to get something kickstarted just all at once. it's also hampered by the fact that it didn't have as strong a following as, say, SSBM upon its release, and never has had...

what you can do is just work locally. be patient, get your friends playing it, get it popular in your area, and play it competitively all the time - that's how it starts! when people start taking a game seriously in a competitive setting, that's when it gets noticed. keep it local for now, do what you can

in the meantime, i suggest bringing this to games night instead of the wiiU or the 360 FPSes or whatever everyone's console game of choice is nowadays Razz just show up at your local SSBM club with it one night (if you're a regular, anyway, of course) and suggest they give it a whirl. that goes for everyone! it's a hell of a fun game to play in a big group (just watch any of our videos recorded with room audio for proof) even with competitive rules... 4p FFAs on Sarg just do not get old and all-Wolf sure-shot games on Simp1 are about the most fun you can have in a group while looking at a TV.
When me and my cousins get together we play all the good multi-players (SSBM, SFA, Soul Calibur 2, F-zero GX, Naruto clash of ninja 2, MK Double dash, etc) that are known pretty well. A few teachers allow us to bring our GCs to school and we usually just play SSBM, I guess i can bring SFA and maybe host some tournaments at the library near my house. Hopefully that will help it grow
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 am

film them if you can! room camera on tripod, capture card if you have it, whatever you can get away with. we'd love to see some more SFA tourneys on YT!
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm

HAXage wrote:
film them if you can! room camera on tripod, capture card if you have it, whatever you can get away with. we'd love to see some more SFA tourneys on YT!
I'll try but from what I know the best recording device we have is a smart phone, so the video quality won't be the best.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm

well, smartphones have pretty good recording quality nowadays - as long as you can get it as close as possible to the TV and have it on a stable surface it should be watchable.

damn, i need to organize a tournament soon too... after exams
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

HAXage wrote:
well, smartphones have pretty good recording quality nowadays - as long as you can get it as close as possible to the TV and have it on a stable surface it should be watchable.

damn, i need to organize a tournament soon too... after exams
Today we planned on recording some friendlies in school, but today of all days a guidance counselor says we were no longer allowed to play our GC. So now I'll only be posting videos of 2 & 3 player matches, the first on should be posted around next weekend. Also We may record matches over springbreak.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 pm

I mentioned this forum on the Star fox facebook page so hopefully people will see my post and join.
Back to top Go down
Silver Forte

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 am

Yeah I'm definitely gonna try to bring this game to the local game place, try to get people interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFA needs to grow!!!   SFA needs to grow!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFA needs to grow!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lylat Systems :: Aparoid City-
Jump to: