Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)

Go down 
+5
SfaFreak
J Smooth
STG
Doubleshields
HAXage
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:50 pm

woohoo vidyas

As my hand has almost entirely recovered now I'm back to looking at the stages and I've been compiling useful information about characters and effective HP and stages and items which I plan to publish some time over the weekend, so keep an eye out for that one cause it's obviously gonna be awesome

It's more useful for newbs like me to get to understand why some characters are better in certain situations and learning the basics of situational play.

Until then, I just ask: where da hell is everybody else?
Back to top Go down
Akp65

Akp65

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm always here, I just choose to lurk.
I haven't watched any of the videos yet, waiting for more to get uploaded so I can have a mini marathon.

I know this tourney has been named FLOSS 2, but can we add the subname of The Flosser becomes the Flossee or something?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 pm

no way i'm going to put that in each of the video titles cause it's way too long but i'll edit it into the thread title lol
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 pm

I just noticed - in the FFA with Whaleu/HAX/Yosh/Uzz, Whaleu shot Hax's pod, and the pod killed Yosh, and Whaleu got credit for the kill.

Unless I'm just seeing things, or this was always a thing.
Back to top Go down
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 pm

I'd think it probably is a thing, STG, as the choice was made by Whaleu to alter the pod's use. Should HAXage have placed thenpod and shot it it would have been his kill, but because Whaleu shot it it became his. Sort of like killstealing, I guess.

But I just can't stop laughing at the Priskilla game. Absolute brilliance. I can see an upcoming star there.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol thanks youtube

and yeah we pretty much have to have one of those games per tourney Razz if you haven't already, i highly recommend watching [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's an absolute classic
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 pm

on the recent video - two dual stickers playing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm

stg is feed on simp 1, jeez, i forgot about that match

after all the videos are up i'll post more stuff about it (also what happened to that highlight video that you started like 2 years ago, i just remembered that)
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

FINALS UPLOADED TOMORROW! a full bo3! get hype!
Back to top Go down
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 pm

>mfw
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

ALL VIDS UP! holy crow that was an enormous tourney; biggest we've ever had although Floss 1's 1v1s were pretty extensive too.

the whole thing was pretty good; basically with the two teams of 5 SOME high seeds were going to meet up in the second round and it happened to be me and Akp. i lost in OTSD and then took third in the FFA to be knocked out. bigger highlights were the Cac/Whaleu matches that took place in that round and the round afterwards; holy smokes those snipes and big points runs!

the whole "pick teams" thing is interesting but i don't think it works because i got 9th you end up with people advancing even though they didn't play any games. it's also worth noting that since the whole winning team advances, the welfare of losing players depends on players they'll have to play in the rounds to come. i wouldn't have changed anything about the bracket regardless; it was suitably crazy and a good little experiment and hey, some really sick matches ended up happening because of it. notably we got the whole top 4 round robin and the round-of-6 games which is the most we've seen top players playing each other in a long time!

sadly it didn't end up Vancouver vs Kelowna for the finals but the last two have both played even longer than i have and the end result was great (no spoilers yet, go friggin watch the games!).

cheers again for everyone that made it out and see you all at the next Gathering/Floss/whatever we happen to be playing!
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:09 pm

I've decided to come out from lurking in the shadows to comment about this tournament far later than when it was posted. I greatly enjoyed this tournament. To compare it to sports, we needed a twelfth man, so Priskilla graciously got her game on. The bracket may have been overly confusing, maybe at 8 just do a double elim bracket of some sort. Fun fact: Yoshifuzz was one point away from making the finals. Btw feline, I'm Whaleu, the guy you probably hear yelling or talking loudly at some point in every video while having mediocre results at every tourney.
We need to determine the best time for us to go to Vancouver for Flosstin Powers: The Floss Who Flossed Me.
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:43 am

Doubleshields wrote:
We need to determine the best time for us to go to Vancouver for Flosstin Powers: The Floss Who Flossed Me.
Oh my gosh... You didn't... WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!!

Incidentally, how did the name "FLOSS" come about, anyways?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 am

haha, i believe the first documented use of the word was when DS, Ganon and others were driving to Vancouver (prior to Floss 1) about to enter an SSBB tourney. they joked a whole bunch about how they were going to "floss those guys' colons", and when they actually got to the tourney they got somewhat wrecked. then when they got back to my place someone asked "how'd it go" and (i think it was Ganon) someone replied "man, our colons just totally got flossed". the Vancouver guys collectively fell over laughing and we started joking about colon flossing for the rest of the tourney and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 pm

To further explain, we were going to floss their colons with gamecube controllers. Important detail. Also, the reason we went was because stg and I went 1-2 in a university brawl tourney so I suggested it as something for us to do in Van, since I thought it was a friendly gathering of gamers. It was a wipe, we didn't even stay for the singles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] feel free to watch us get wrecked in the losers round 1 bracket here.
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm

plz dont watch it

in somewhat related news, a new tournament might be a thing a few weeks
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Ya woo! I hope as many Vancouver guys come down as possible. Unless someone magically has their full license (or people hitch a ride with Ryan) it may only be 2 (unless Alex flies in because he's cool) because he is cool and the fastest, but not as smart as Tails
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)   FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLOSS 2: THE FLOSSER BECOMES THE FLOSSEE (april 25th)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2