Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maps and Spawns

Go down 
+4
Cac
Zerolink100
HAXage
ThatLunaticFeline
8 posters

Which is your favourite map?
Simple Map 2
Maps and Spawns Vote_lcap10%Maps and Spawns Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Simple Map 3
Maps and Spawns Vote_lcap0%Maps and Spawns Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Katina Outpost
 10% [ 1 ]
Inner Sargasso Hideout
Maps and Spawns Vote_lcap40%Maps and Spawns Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Fichina
 0% [ 0 ]
Planet Sauria
 10% [ 1 ]
Corneria City
 10% [ 1 ]
Aparoid City
 0% [ 0 ]
Zoness Sea Base
Maps and Spawns Vote_lcap20%Maps and Spawns Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Titania Desert
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am

For reference I have made (almost) all of the maps and detailed all of the spawns. The numbers only show where the spawns are - their order signifies nothing. The size of a number signifies its y-position. The larger-sized numbers mean the spawn is on a higher level. Being low down means the number will be a smaller size. Also, an arrow indicates that the spawn behind it is outside the mini-map's range.

Simple Map 1:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Simple Map 2:

Simple Map 3:

Katina Outpost:

Inner Sargasso Hideout:

Fichina:

Planet Sauria:

Corneria City:

Aparoid City:

Zoness Sea Base:

Titania Desert:

As a little bonus, which is your favourite map and why? For me, it's a tie between Zoness and Inner Sargasso. Zoness pretends to be slow-paced but with the right plays you can dramatically change the game style, and Sargasso is awesome for its tight chokes and favour towards quicker characters, which I enjoy playing.

I left out Simp1 from the poll because there is a limit to how many choices can be added. Also, I don't think anyone likes Simp1 THAT much.

Last edited by ThatLunaticFeline on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am

Sarg for life! it's down to that and Zoness for me but i've got to go with Sarg; the way the gameplay flows and rotates on this map is just genius and i always have fun playing it.

this is excellent, great work! seems like there are most commonly eight total spawns on the non-simple maps; interesting. didn't know simp2 was so bereft of spawns, either. anyway, great stuff; i may sticky this when it's complete!

and STG would certainly be upset that Simp1 wasn't an option in your poll but he's not been here in a while, haha.
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Zerolink100

Zerolink100

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 pm

My favorite is Katina with simp2 close behind it. I think I prefer having more of an open stage as opposed to a closed one like simp3 or sarg.
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
Maps and Spawns Stars10
Cac

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:02 pm

STG likes Simp1 that much. Laughing Awesome work on these spawns! I had a hang with HAXage today and he said the game-starting spawns are distinct from these. We're not sure if that's true. We'll match this to our video archives and nail everything down soon.

My favourite map to play on (my "best") is Ap, but Zoness is the fairest.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 am

I'm stuck between Sarg and Sauria
Back to top Go down
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:41 am

Jay McCloud wrote:
I too like Sauria purely for the nostalgic value (Starfox Adventures being a part in the largest part of my childhood - Zelda games) but I think the map is a little bit disorienting. I would have much preferred if they'd just talen a location from Adventures (Thorntail Hollow/Lightfoot Village, or maybe Walled City) and put that in the game instead. Its devastation in the story mode could then have felt truly impactful to old players of Adventures.

But that's not what happened, and although I don't like the result it's still a good map with some nice ideas to it.
Back to top Go down
J Smooth

J Smooth

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am

ThatLunaticFeline wrote:
Jay McCloud wrote:
I too like Sauria purely for the nostalgic value (Starfox Adventures being a part in the largest part of my childhood - Zelda games) but I think the map is a little bit disorienting. I would have much preferred if they'd just talen a location from Adventures (Thorntail Hollow/Lightfoot Village, or maybe Walled City) and put that in the game instead. Its devastation in the story mode could then have felt truly impactful to old players of Adventures.

But that's not what happened, and although I don't like the result it's still a good map with some nice ideas to it.
Sauria on Assault kinda resembles walled city with the pyramids and all.
Back to top Go down
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:10 am

Huzzah! I have completed all the maps!
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 pm

awesome! Very Happy wow 14 spawns on Saur, that's absurd, and i like how most of the spawns on Titania are off the map lol. that stage is enormous
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:50 am

I have to go with Zoness. That map suits my play style perfectly, and let's face it, we all tend to like maps we're good at. I like all the spots to hide behind for when your charging an RCB (Pep being one of my mains), and how easy it is to escape if your health is low.

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in so long, life's been busy.
Back to top Go down
FalcoXII

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Sarg every game (not really), Simp 3 following. I find them to be quite unbiased and some of the most heated games I've played have been on them. After mentioning them as my favorite stages, I realized why. I really, really hate missles. These are the only stages (other than Zoness which I never get to play on) that missiles are not a power weapon. Sarg's to congested for them to be effective. 2v2 I'd go with Ap, but 1v1 is definitely Sarg
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 pm

i actually don't really like simp1 very much i just pick it when i need a win

i voted for sarg, its the least infuriating stage (like no horrible things happen like someone getting missiles on katina, spawining in the middle on ap, etc)
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:32 am

stickied for great justice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maps and Spawns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maps and Spawns   Maps and Spawns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maps and Spawns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lylat Systems :: Great Fox-
Jump to: