Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)

Go down 
+4
Cac
Doubleshields
HAXage
xtkoxflipx
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doubleshields

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Ok third's post's the charm, I've figured it out. Kelowna people drive down to Vancouver and park the car and probably spend the night (at Nick's house hopefully).
Take the Amtrak route listed on website (bus ride from Vancouver to Seattle is free! Plus no hotels or parking!) and take the train down to San Francisco. Round trip cost is $220 and we'll hopefully be asleep for some of it.
OMG this works let's do it HYPE!

For reference, look up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vancouver to San Francisco
Back to top Go down
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:06 pm

So, I proposed the train plan to my parents, and still they say no. I proceeded to punch them Apparently, they're more concerned about playing with "strangers" (well, you sort of are but still...) then the driving. So yeah, see you when I go to college? Idk. *Cries in corner*
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:09 pm

But Kelowna and Vancouver started off as internet strangers...
Unless you're like 15 I dun understand...... Razz
Back to top Go down
ThatLunaticFeline

ThatLunaticFeline

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:40 pm

WELL if i get into my intended uni i might get a placement year in Vancouver

so i might see y'all then
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:42 pm

UBC or elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Stars10
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 pm

TLF my man! You better get in!

If we took the train, where would we stay in san fran?
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Well, that's up to our hosts. Who's floor could 8-10 people crash on for three days?
Also, you mentioned some nice venues, what sort of places are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 pm

8-10!?? unless i'm missing something only 5 peoples' names were actually mentioned here lol
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 am

It's optimistic Razz There would be 3-4 Vancouver guys and based on the price point I think 3-6 Kelowna guys will make the trip as well. Of course it depends on when we plan to go. Maybe in April when classes are done?
Honestly, the most important part of this is planning the details far enough ahead that people can't say no. Also, being cheap.
If we went late April when exams are done and before people work, that'd be another excuse people can't use to not go. Also, free floor accommodation would be required Smile
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:24 pm

dude i came like 10th or some shit im trash tier

but honestly i just kept picking peppy because he's hilarious but I think i've gotten significantly worse (or people have just got better while I haven't) at the game

i'd be more down to do this in late april though.

Also Cac I love your new picture.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Outside factors are a real thing. I remember you fed in one tourney because of YuGiOh or some shit.
And not to take anything away from Honke, but finishing those singles matches at like 3am only benefits a night owl like him.
We need to group facebook everyone about it when possible. We'll need to wait for the word from flip about accommodation first. present it as basically a huge group hangout with tons of games not just SFA.
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:16 pm

The games they play cater to what we like too, I forget the exact list but they're all ye old games that we enjoy too, so it would definately be a good time.

And Yu-gi-oh is srs business man.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm not sure what their set-up is, but if they have multiple TVs going with like, Mario Party, Mario Kart, SFA, Melee and every other childhood of mine, as well as the games we bring and other tabletop games, I might die of indecision.
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:23 pm

learn to dual wield controllers.
Back to top Go down
Cac
"Retired"
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:26 am

Reim time. I love your old picture.
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm

We're right by San Francisco. As for housing. If you guys were to head down here, there would be plenty of room for 8-10 people. It would just need to be worked out between my co-organizer and I.

The venues we have used in the past have been decent sized rec rooms, all the way to ballrooms with a stage. We have only had one tournament big enough to justify using the ballroom.

We would definitely have multiple games going on, and extending it for a 3 day weekend wouldn't be a problem at all.

What do you guys think; is this something you think would be better hosted Cali or up by you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Video-Game-Tournaments/
Cac
"Retired"
Cac

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm willing to travel.

Have any videos of your SFA for us to check out?
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:28 am

I too would be willing to travel. Best weekend to do this is either April 24-26 or May 1-3, depending on exams and stuff. Seems like a worth to me.
Back to top Go down
xtkoxflipx

xtkoxflipx

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Been extremely busy with work and school, but... I'm officially getting the ball rolling on the tournament out here. I'm looking to do a weekend in late March or April. 2-3 days and will probably have a couple different games running. I'll keep you guys posted..
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Video-Game-Tournaments/
Silver Forte

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm looking to try to get some sfa going down eventually at our local fcg gathering, it'll be hard but I'm determined. I don't want this game to be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Very late April would be optimal and still would need convincing on our part due to the cost being $200-$300 each
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)   EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBVG Tournament (feat. SFA)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2