Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SFA Glitches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

SFA Glitches Empty
PostSubject: SFA Glitches   SFA Glitches Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 2:42 pm

So, I've been learning to speedrun SFA's singleplayer, and in doing so I've learned a few glitches. They don't have any competitive applications, but they're still an  interesting look into the game's mechanics. The first one is that if you die on the first frame you are vulnerable of a mission update, such as Mission 3 or 9, you will skip to the mission results screen. Theoretically, it would work on mission 2, but the only way is to die with a Grenade or sensor bomb, as there are no enemies to kill yourself with. The other is that by putting the landmaster up against the corner of the Climate Control Center shield an then running into the little gap, you can actually clip through the shield, and then continue the mission without destroying the shield generators. It's much to watch then hear it described, so you can watch the bronze Any% world record [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (done by a guy named Jimmie1717) to get a better idea.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

SFA Glitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFA Glitches   SFA Glitches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 3:36 pm

wonder if activated grenades keep their charge throughout cutscenes - if that's the case, a TASed run could drop a nade at the perfect moment to skip a whole ton of time on stage 2...

the landmaster glitch is interesting; i wonder why it happens and if you could reproduce it to get into other otherwise inaccessible areas. seems to be something to do with the fact that the vehicle is a movable entity and can "push" other things, maybe? don't know if there's really anything in multiplayer that this would be testable on, though, as that control center wall is kind of an anomaly and is probably only 1 unit thick or something... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
SfaFreak

SfaFreak

SFA Glitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFA Glitches   SFA Glitches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:17 pm

HAXage wrote:
wonder if activated grenades keep their charge throughout cutscenes - if that's the case, a TASed run could drop a nade at the perfect moment to skip a whole ton of time on stage 2...
I'm pretty sure things like charging shots and grenades hold through cutscenes, though I'm not 100% certain. I think a more viable option, however, would be to set off a sensor at the right time in a TASed run. The issue with doing it at all is you have to get out of the Landmaster for longer running down you're health, instead of blowing up spawners. And the boss fight is so quick you might not save any time. AND if you miss it you die and waste more time getting back in the landmaster, etc. At least on Mission 9 the back up strat is a death warp to the arwing anyway, and on mission 3 a death warp to the arwing is viable, though a reset is more likely since it's so early.

Also a couple other things, mashing Y at the end of a boost is in fact faster (used in on rails sections), and explosions can go through walls. (Used in Mission 2)
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

SFA Glitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFA Glitches   SFA Glitches Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 pm

SfaFreak wrote:
explosions can go through walls

the occasional "shoot 'em through the elevator floor" tactic has been employed in games, mostly by Cac iirc. maybe some testing is in order to see what explosions can pass through...
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

SFA Glitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: SFA Glitches   SFA Glitches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SFA Glitches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lylat Systems :: Great Fox-
Jump to: