Lylat Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lylat Systems

The premier competitive Star Fox Assault group!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
STG

STG

ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:26 pm

ok i'll post my indepth analysis on your match against leon in the kelowna tournament, since I remember there being quite a few things that could have changed the game here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0:30 - Leon sees the HL in the middle, you've fallen to the bottom level.  If he gets the HL he can easily get first point by just shooting down at you with it from above.  I think he gets firstpoint anyway, but if he gets the HL, i think 3 HL's kill Krystal, meaning he still has 5-7 rounds left and can probably force a barrier with little effort next life

0:42 - Leon sees missles and falls down the elevator because he's a potato.  He could have HL's and missiles by this point, while you have pretty much nothing

1:05 - I know you like gambling, but generally you'll just die here if he jumps around the corner with a red

alternatively, leon could have just went up the elevator and got the missiles and HL and whatever else he wanted, he's in a pretty good spot

leon finally goes back up the elevator and gets neither of the power weapons

you get a HL around 2:05, but never use it

to be fair you don't see him when he hits you so maybe that point is moot

note that if this is our new time games, Leon could theoretically be a point up, with missiles and HL's and full health on Slippy.  That's almost another point right there.

LEON KEEPS STARING AT THE HL'S IN THE MIDDLE

at 2:30 if he had the missiles from earlier he could take a chunk out of your health or force a barrier.  Krystal dies in missiles (i think?) so either outcome is good.

He "outplays" you with the Slippy strat of jumping up and down in the same place and shooting CB's though anyway, so it puts him in a good spot.

GET DOUBLE FASHED

3:05 im convinced leon doesn't know how elevators work and misses getting the missiles again.  Just look at the situation you're in now, down 2-0 to a full health slippy, and this game finished 5-4.  If Leon picked up the power weapons, this game could have gotten really ugly, like 5-2 or even 5-1.

3:10 you probably should have gone up to the top, that path even leads you past a HL spawn, along with both kinds of sniper rifles.  You could probably get a HL and just charge him with a barrier at this point, since slippy can't dodge them worth shit instead of trying to fight him with only a CB

3:25 OH MY GOD HE GOT THE MISSILES

OH MY GOD HE ISN'T USING THEM WHY LEON

if he grabbed them 2 minutes earlier they probably owuld have respawned by now.  

OH MY GOD HES SHOOTING THEM DOWN THE HALLWAY

honestly you could probably just have put on a barrier and charged at him, slippy is pretty easy to snipe, especially with the demon sniper.

4:20 he gets pretty lucky on his grenade here, but you could have just pulled out missiles and charged him, he's slippy, he can't run away

you eventually finally barrier and snipe him, which is ok I guess, but in the current timed matches, you'd have 30 seconds to kill a full health slippy with a barrier to tie it.

5:00 GEOFF YOU HAVE MISSILES  

you do end up sniping him 30 seconds later, but I mean

YOU STILL HAVE MISSILES

6:10

its generally not a good idea to try to manfight slippy with no weapons as anybody really, you probably should have taken the elevator to the top to look for HL's since he has no barrier, you could camp the top and rain down death on him

oh god you end up winning because Leon is a derp

I think if you tried to do that now that leon plays dual stick it probably would have gone worse for you

6:56

RUN UP THE TUNNEL AND LOOK FOR HEALTH (i think its a booster pak right now but still)

oh turns out there was a barrier CHECK FOR ITEMS MAN

or WEAPONS so you can at least do damage to him, he can't catch you.  

7:08 GO TO THE TOP GEOFF

8:28 the missiles might be up again, and he has no barrier, you might have won if you got them

you land on your own sensor and get flustered and try to max agression against a barrier!slippy with no health and lose.  

tl;dr USE OP WEAPONS, there were two missiles fired that match (badly) and no HL's fired, and the HL's in the middle that were there from the start of the game were never picked up.

if you look at pretty much any of Nick's games, its pretty clear he knows where all the items spawn and checks thems pretty regularly.  He's probably the best at it.

actually here, there's a game between Cac and HAXage on Sargasso in Kelowna 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0:23 Cac immediatly goes for the HL, HAXage immediately goes for the missiles

0:50, HAXage goes down to force a barrier out of Cac since he has missiles and Cac hasn't had a chance to grab any weapons
Falco is pretty tough to hit with a CB, especially with all the obstacles at the bottom of Sarg, so he wastes the barrier and then wins the point getting ahead early, and even finds another health pack, he's back to full health with a 2 point lead, and immediately tries to get back to the top.

1:40 when Cac respawns he pretty much makes a beeline for the HL spawn.  My guess is he was flustered here and forgot to barrier or something, or wanted the snipe to get a quick point that he probablty could have got with HL's

at this point Cac just kind of yolo's and runs at HAXage for the rest of the game.

actually wow Cac got flossed

But really, your game against leon could have been very similar if he grabbed the power weapons and kept pushing.

holy fuck long post
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh god that was so bad. I like to think I've improved since then
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, you definitely have, although I think everyone has improved since then, nobody but Cac, HAXage and I even had a chance of winning that one.  

I'm sure i'll see a change when I get around to the newer games

EDIT: Man I didn't even play that badly against you on Simp2 in the latest tourney I just got fashed once

I think I might start playing Krystal, as weird as it sounds
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Barrier and item management become very important as Krystal. Any reason you want to play as her?
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:59 pm

I think if you get the first point you pretty much win with her if you don't get fashed, and its not something that normally happens to me.  Also I feed with Falco.

Depends on the stage though.

also akp vs HAXage was hilarious
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 am

yeah i watched that recent game me vs akp like five times, it's really funny

and yeah i think knowing which items are up is cosmically important in games really. it's kind of weird, it never really comes up in "how to be good" discussions (except now), but i realize now after your post it's something i do CONSTANTLY, albeit unconsciously.

like if you see a flash of red/pink on your opponent's side of the screen that they don't see and if they give up that location, you better haul ass over there cause that's a huge advantage. you can even judge which item is up sometimes just based on which items you HAVEN'T seen so far (sarg is a great example for this, on the top floor you can see GH, invis, booster pack and two health spawns on the level down, so if you jump down from top and there's still nothing there, bar is probably up).

even during the pre-countdown zoom in around the map, i try and look for anything i can see right off the start. simp2 is probably the best example for this; you can see the missile spawn and the HL on the grey building even if your opponent hammers A to try and get past the screen as fast as possible
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:34 am

A motion for future tourneys. They need to start earlier and possibly without sickness.
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Affirmative, or be done over the course of two days or something

Kelowna 2010 stats are all up! I'm gonna get done the detailed stats for all the singles tournies first, I might be able to finish another before Monday, then i'll be busy until thursday, and then hopefully we'll have more SFA to deal with on Friday/the weekend.

Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Finished singles stats for the Gathering, and made a master list with stats from the First Rev Tourney, Kelowna 2010 and the Gathering Singles.

Whaleu is feed

Also worth note is HAXage has a kill with every weapon in the game except preds (which might not happen) and has an alarming 16 kills (25% of his kills) from foes killing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Doubleshields

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 pm

People are simply intimidated by Haxage and kill themselves under the pressure of playing against him. Or people are full potatoes.
Probably the latter.
Back to top Go down
HAXage
Admin
HAXage

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 9:32 pm

yeah it's the latter, i'm pretty sure i'm about the least intimidating player
Back to top Go down
https://sfacorner.forumotion.net
Cac
"Retired"
ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Stars10
Cac

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Beauties. The whole lot of you.

<3_<3
Back to top Go down
STG

STG

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 am

finally finished floss1 data, also updating the master sheet too.

HAXAGE TAUNTED ONCE IN THIS TOURNEY

its actually cool tracking weapon kills, Cac and HAXage used a lot more HL here compared to the past tournaments, while AKP and I were still CB advocates for the most part.

i mean akp's CB is more or less a HL anyway, it hits so much.

also got up Kelowna 2012. watching a lot of SFA today since we'll probably play it on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD   ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ULTIMATE TOURNEY RESULTS THREAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2